Warranty and guarantee
Your Sava bike is covered by a 2-year warranty and a 15-year guarantee This page explains what warranties and guarantees cover, how our warranty and guarantee process works, what to look out for and how to make a claim.
What is covered by the 2-year warranty?
Sava bicycles covers all related service and shipping charges in warranty cases.
- The warranty covers parts designed by Sava as well as parts from original component manufacturers such as Rock Shox. The warranty only covers defects in material and workmanship that existed at the time of delivery.
- Spare and consumable parts such as driveline components (chain and cassette), bearings or cables are not covered by the Sava warranty. Nor is any damage caused by external factors through accidental damage, use of the wheel beyond its intended use or wear and tear a warranty defect.
- The warranty claim is independent of the original owner of the wheel. This means that if you bought the bike second hand and it is less than 2 years old, you can still claim it.
What is covered by the 15-year warranty?However, should problems arise, in addition to the legal warranty you have, we also offer a 15-year warranty on our frames, seatposts, cockpits and forks for all Sava bikes from the date of purchase.
- The warranty only covers defects in material and workmanship that existed at the time of delivery. Any damage caused by external factors is not covered by the warranty. For example, wear and tear.
- You must be the original owner of the bike and you can claim the warranty for up to 15 years from the date of purchase.
- In the event that the warranty is invoked, we will cover the rebuilding and shipping costs.
Batteries for electric bikes
Different warranty criteria apply for the batteries that are used in our e-bikes. The warranty covers defects up to six months from the date of purchase or up to 250 charge cycles, whichever comes first.
What is not covered by the warranty or guarantee?Here are a few examples of what is unfortunately not covered under warranty:
- Accidental damage (damage to the wheel caused by a collision, fall, impact, etc.)
- Wear and tear
- corrosion damage
- damage caused by riding the bike outside its intended use (e.g. riding a road bike in the woods, jumping on a MTB with a fixed rear structure, etc.)