Frequently Asked Questions about SAVA Bicycles
Are you looking for an answer to your question about Sava bicycles? See if you can find the answer among our FAQs. Couldn’t find the answer to your question? Get in touch with us using the form at the bottom of this page, and we’ll be happy to answer you as soon as possible.
Where can I service my Sava bicycle?
In case of any problems, please contact your dealer. Post-warranty service or warranty service (service after riding 200km, not a condition of the bike warranty) can be carried out in any of your verified service centres in your area.
How to resolve a complaint?
Please contact your dealer directly.
How to extend the frame warranty to 15 years?
Extending the warranty is really easy. Prepare your frame number (you’ll find it at the bottom of the centre of the bicycle) or scan the QR code on the top frame tube (only applicable for models released after 06/2021). Then just visit the ACTIVATION section of our website and register your bicycle. Make sure to read the terms and conditions of the extended frame warranty.
How to extend the motor warranty to 5 years?
Extending the warranty on the RearDrive 350 and ExtraDrive 500 motors is activated simultaneously and automatically when extending the warranty on your Sava frame. Prepare your frame number (you’ll find it at the bottom of the centre of the bicycle) or scan the QR code on the top frame tube (only valid for models launched after 06/2021). Then just visit the ACTIVATION section of our website and register your bike. Make sure to read the terms and conditions of the extended warranty.
Can I unlock the maximum speed limit on my electric bicycle?
Yes, it is possible to unlock the speed limit; however, such action may be against the law, and you will automatically lose the warranty on the motor. Therefore, any modification is at the discretion of each bicycle owner.
ExtraDrive 500 Motor Information
The ExtraDrive 500 motor is developed for Sava electronic bicycles by Shengyi. The design is one of the most commonly used motors worldwide. This ExtraDrive 500 motor comes with a 5-year extended warranty.
The advantages of the ExtraDrive 500 motor:
- Precise and smooth power transmission depending on the driving process
- Quiet and smooth motor operation
- Ideal weight distribution of the bike, with the motor located in the centre of gravity
- By selecting the right gearing, you can influence the speed of both the bike and the motor, thus achieving the optimum speed ratio for the ride to achieve a lower consumption of the bike
- The ideal consumption naturally affects the maximum range of your electric bicycle
- Easy removal of the front and rear wheels, for example, when you need to replace or patch a tube
The disadvantages of any mid-motor are:
- Higher emphasis on the quality of the shifter and derailleur adjustment
- Lower wheel chain life compared to a normal wheel
- Low motor resistance when riding unassisted
RearDrive 350 motor information
We use the RearDrive 350 motor on some Sava mountain bikes for the following reasons:
- The motor does not put any resistance when switched off. It has no problem with a smaller battery capacity, which is what you’ll appreciate on folding and gravel bicycles
- Instant acceleration of the bicycle, suitable for city traffic again
- Minimal servicing requirements
Like all other rear motors, the RearDrive 350 has some disadvantages:
- Uneven distribution of the total weight of the bicycle and consequent poorer handling. This is why an integrated battery is better than a battery on the rear carrier, which puts even more strain on the rear of the bike
- Poorer drive sensitivity when riding due to the lack of a pedal pressure (torsional) sensor
- Poorer efficiency against central motors at higher battery loads
- If you need to replace the rear wheel tube you need a special wrench
Instructions for using the Bafang display
Instructions for use, installation and setup in English can be found here: Display User manual of Bafang middle motor
Instructions for using the ExtraDrive 500 display
Instructions for use, installation and setup in English can be found here: Display user manual for Shengyi ExtraDrive 500
Instructions for using the RearDrive 350 display
Instructions for use, installation and setup in English can be found here: Display user manual for RearDrive 350 motor
Purchasing a replacement battery
Don’t worry, the batteries are on their way. The expected stock date is 05/2021. Keep an eye on your Sava dealer, the batteries will be in stock soon.